Play shall be under the rules of the Royal and Ancient (R&A) and the United States Golf Association (USGA) subject to the following local rules: –
- All penalty areas are marked with red stakes.
- Penalty area drop zones are marked on holes 5, 9, 16 and 18.
- Free relief may be taken as per rule 16.1a should a concrete bridge surround, paved road or green irrigation box interfere with a player’s stance or swing.
- Out of bounds / lost ball : All boundary fences without white stakes and beyond all areas marked with white stakes.
Alternative to stroke and distance: For two penalty strokes, the player may take penalty relief using the alternative relief guidelines published in the 2019 rules of golf update. The procedure is posted on the notice board OR CLICK HERE TO VIEW EXPLANATION
- A ball finishing beyond the cart path on 9 or 18 must be dropped on the side closest to the hole being played, within 2 club lengths from the point where the ball crossed the cart part for a penalty of 1 stroke.
- Compulsory relief must be taken if a young tree (a tree shorter than two driver lengths) interferes with a player’s stance or swing, see rule 16.1a for relief procedure. No relief may be taken if a tree is inside a penalty area.
- A ball coming to rest between the green and fringe may be placed backwards, onto the fringe.
- Bonanza adopts the player code of conduct as set in rule 1.2a and 1.2a/1. Bonanza’s conduct guide as well as applicable penalties for breach of conduct rules are available on the noticeboard and below.
- Temporary local rules are posted on the noticeboard and below.